Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Quite Country

Josh and I spent a good chunk of our long weekend in the country and it was wonderful. But one thing that being in the country really made me realize is all the noise that I put up with on a regular basis. As I stood beside the pond, Josh turned to me and said that the silence was hurting his ears, and it was great. I listened even harder and found that all I could hear were the silent sounds of nature. One of my hosts laughed at me saying that today was a particularly noisy day, but to me it was wonderfully quite. No sirens, no noisy people in the apartment next door, no one eating in the restaurant below, no one singing karaoke in the bar, no drown of the ventilation fan above, no cars whizzing down the street.... Just the sounds of nature. How I want to live in a place like that!!

No comments: