Josh and I have now lived in our building for nine and a bit months (and had Meeka for about 8 of those months) and for the most part it has been very uneventful. There have been the odd fight.... our GPS was stolen out of our van while parked in the garage.... there are frequently police in the neighbourhood... but all in all, I've generally enjoyed living here and in this area (it really feels like we're part of a community here, but I'll save that for another day's blog).
A few nights ago however, Josh and I started talking about some of the random knocks we've had at our door... usually people quickly indicating that they knocked on the wrong door (cued as soon as they hear a dog barking) however as we talked more about some of these stories we noticed a theme... they were often sketchier people... one was even a known homeless woman who stinks to high heaven.. and we noticed that they all seem to ask about "Susan" if they ask for anyone at all and if they aren't asking for Susan, they are already making their way down to the unit at the far end of the hall. After exchanging a few more details I think we've realized there is a drug dealer living on our floor. I find this quite amusing actually... especially since in the middle of our conversation some guy knocked on our door and asked if Susan was here. Go figure. Always an interesting place!
1 comment:
Wow, sounds like an interesting place!
Post a Comment