
I can't believe how busy it's been these past few months! So much has happened... another school term was wrapped up, preached a few times over Christmas, my sister-in-law got married, another school term started, papers papers papers, and Josh and I bought a house!
That's right, after years of humming and hawing and trying to decide if Hamilton would be the place we put roots down in, we took the plunge and surprised ourselves. We've looked at houses off and on a couple of years now and some idea of what we wanted, so finally the week before Josh flew out to Florida for work we called up a realtor and asked if he could show us some houses. Of the 6 houses we gave him, we saw 2, and on the day he showed them to us we then saw a mortgage specialist, and then put in an offer.... the very next day it was accepted and the craziness began. Josh was off in Florida and I was left to meeting with the house house inspector, finalize our eligibility for a mortgage, call a lawyer, give our 60 days notice to our current landlord and all sorts of fun things like that. So after all that, we finalized the offer and are now just waiting to move in. We get possession on March 24th and will be moving on the 26th. I am so excited! Oddly enough what I am most looking forward to is painting! Cause it will be the first time I paint my own space and not someone else's space!!! Yay!!
So once we get all settled in if you're in the area you'll have to come over and check it out... and for those a little further away I'll make sure I take lots of pictures so you can enjoy a virtual tour and share in my excitement!
No comments:
Post a Comment