Monday, July 12, 2010

Spirituality Group

Every week I have the pleasure of running a spirituality group on my acute psych assessment unit - usually referred to as "feed your spirit." Topics range all over the place (from peace during adversity, to creativity, to hope vs. despair...) and today's topic was Models and Heroes. We explored questions such as:

who do we believe are heroes?
why do we consider these people heroes?
what qualities do we see in these hero?
which of these qualities do we want to develop?
which of these qualities do we already posses?

I was really interested by the effect of this last question... somehow in identifying with the qualities of heroes it seemed less important to have heroes as it did to be able to recognize and claim ones own strengths. How often do you spend time thinking about what it is you do really well and celebrating that. I read on a friends blog today about becoming more thankful, and I totally agree that thankfulness is a very important quality that brings a lot of happiness to life, but how often do I actually express thankfulness about who I am?

Something to ponder perhaps......

So who's your hero....?

1 comment:

Carolyn Ward said...

Hey, that was me!

I like that we can keep up with each other this way.